Monday, January 20, 2014

Life IS Good in the Country!

January 1 is the official birthday of horses who are shown and/or raced.  Therefore, breeders are hoping for January 1 or 2 babies.  This means the baby truly is one year old the next January 1.  The worst is to have a December 31 foal because he turns 1 year old the next day!  Not good!

As you might have gathered from prior posts, I live with horses in the country.  We have dogs, cats and have kidded around with goats~~pun intended!  Despite the fact we have never foaled out here -  (currently we only have geldings, so that would be a difficult feat!) - I thought this would be perfect for the challenge over at Mark's Finest Papers Salutations Challenge.  The challenge this week is to create a new baby card!

My cousin sent me a great birthday card colored in markers and I decided I wanted to get a handle on this technique.  I colored the horses with skin tone Copic markers to create the Palomino color.   The grass is done with CTMH Sweet Leaf and Olive markers.

I sponged the sky in Sky Blue and the grassy area in Sweet Leaf.  I then framed my mother and foal with Barn Red, CTMH pattern paper (maybe Clementine...it was a scrap), and a golden-yellow color cardstock.  I think it might be Goldrush.

The card base is from DCWV Rustic.  The image and sentiment from the CTMH Life is Good in the Country stamp set.  The little flower on the right hand corner is from "A Flowering Bunch" stamp set (CTMH stamp of the month.)  I used Cuttlebug embossing folders on the Barn Red and the Goldrush cardstocks under the sentiment which is Autumn Terra Cotta on Champagne cardstock.  The twine was out of the bag!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet and unique baby card! Thank you for playing along with us at MFP Simple Salutations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unique. Thanks for joining us at MFP Simple Salutations.

    ReplyDelete