Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ticket to Ride!

Image 1

When I saw the challenge Scrap Your Hobbies over at BBTB2, I finally got to pull out my new horse stamp!  But I needed a Cricut cut on my card.  I knew I wanted a simple sentiment and 'ride' just fit the plan!  Image 1 card has a ticket and letters cut from CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  I went into CCR and welded the letters into the ticket.  Image 2 ticket is from the Artiste cartridge with the same letters welded into it.

My challenge to myself in the new year is to experiment more in my crafting.  I want to challenge myself to get out of my routines and try different techniques and maybe create a few of my own!

This is my first attempt at any marker coloring on a card.  Fact is I don't think I've really colored much of anything since the days of 4-H posters back in the '70's.  Wow, remember the days before computer generated pics, Cricut, and digital photography?  I look back at those 4-H posters that took great ribbons and know they couldn't come close to competing with what is out there now!  Yes, I really do still have some of them!

Again I have digressed, I always do.......

Image 2
This stamp is from Mark's Finest Papers.  The majority of my stamps are CTMH, but I saw this and fell in love with this little girl struggling to get that saddle in place.

I stamped image 1 in Chocolate pigment ink and image 2 in Chocolate coated with a layer of Black pigment inks.  I think the darker one was a crisper image.  (Actually, there are several in the trash can where I tried lighter colors that just didn't work for me!)

Since I'm new to the whole 'coloring' idea, I don't have many markers in my collection yet.  So, I worked with the CTMH markers I have so far:  Sweet Leaf, Sky Blue, Denim Blue, Barn Red, Olive, and Cream Brûlée.  (*Needless to say, I've placed an order for more markers and got the great deal going on over at CTMH!  Yay!)  I shaded the horse with colored pencils and sponged ink.  I used a gel pen for his headstall.  Of course the headstall is adorned with a CTMH Mocha Gem.

The Sweet Leaf cardstock, embossed with a Paisley Cuttlebug folder,  is from CTMH as well as the card bases:  Colonial White and Cashmere.  All patterned papers are CTMH scraps (retired).

The cards are embellished with twine and CTMH Tan Sparkles.

Ok, when I designed this card, 'Ticket to Ride' was not remotely on the radar of my thought process.  However, once I saw the cards put together, the lyrics popped into my mind and now they're stuck in there.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina, I love your card and your stamped image!! How cute is that little one saddling up the horse?! So glad that you used your Cricut and I love your tickets! I am with you, I love the darker stamped image, it is more crisp and I do love the way you have colored your image too. Hope you color more images with your new markers. Great job! Thanks for joining us at BBTB;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! LOVE the papers and embossing! Great image too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at BBTB2 this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your combination of stamped image and use of the cricut!! Thanks for joining BBTB2 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think both of your cards are awesome. I love your coloring of the beautiful image. Your use of the twine, in your top picture is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous Katrina!!! I love this image with that darling little girl saddling her horse. Great coloring. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Hobby' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are beautiful ! I live the image , and the colors are just perfect ! Thank you so much for sharing with us at BBTB2 !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely beautiful. love the stamp, I've never seen one like it before. thanks for sharing and joining us at BBTB2 this week.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my love of coloring and cutting paper when I was a child is what got me into crafting as an adult! Love how your coloring turned out with this beautiful stamp! And the title is perfect. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete