Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Green Music with Retro Form


Michelle over at Bitten by the Bug 2 is hosting the challenge this week, and it's Music Speaks!  She was writing about solo/ensemble contests and must say I'm happy to have that done for the year!  I had several students participating.  However, I am preparing my own recital with a couple of colleagues in April and needed a couple of thank you notes for them!  They are helping me out and we're playing trios for oboe, bassoon and piano.  We call our ensemble Reeds and Ivory!

This particular card is for the pianist.

The card is also going over to Retrosketches since I used that sketch for the "form" and to Fantabulous Cricut Challenge since the color is green!

My base is Daisy White CS.  I cut a piece of black and embossed it with a M-bossabilities music folder.  I went into CCR and welded the scalloped piece to a banner and cut it from White CS as well as another white banner shape to go under the "keyboard" banner.  Next I cut a square in Sweet Leaf.  All cuts are from the CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge.

Now for the keyboard banner.  This was put together by taking a banner from Art Philosophy and welding in lines for the white keys.  Then I welded thicker lines over the lines to make the black keys.

Once everything was cut, I started stamping.  I stamped the scalloped piece with the lace doily stamp from CTMH Sweet and Lovely; this gave the white some texture.  The Sweet Leaf piece was stamped using the musical stamp from CTMH Universal Backgrounds.  The flourish is from CTMH Love Life.  

The inside is a white sheet paper with a strip of Sweet Leaf that has been stamped with the Universal Backgrounds stamp.  The sentiment is from CTMH Artiste collection.  The kitty hiding inside is from A Child's Year.  There's a story as to why the kitty is inside the card!  When we practice at the pianist's house the kitty is always hiding behind the piano bench.  After we start playing, she will come out to see us.  But when the music stops, she moves on!

Check back in tomorrow for the variation on this one!  I'm sure you'll find it quite "note"-able!  hahaha

Be sure to stop by Katiescorner for beautiful papers, stamps, and embellishments from Close To My Heart!



11 comments:

  1. Awesome card! LOVE the embossing and the piano keys look fabulous! How fun to be in a musical group - good luck with your recital! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2!

    Have a great week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty!!! Love the green paper and that great embossing. The piano keys are great and I love the cat on the inside. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Music Speaks' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, the design is great . I love the keys an dthe kitty inside
    Thank you for entering the Bitten ByThe Bug 2 use your favorite cartridge challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love how you made the keyboard banner!! Great design! The embossing is just perfect for your card, also. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-how cool is that keyboard you made!!!! This looks so awesome! Good luck with your recital! So glad you joined us for our music challenge at BBTB2 this week! (And my kiddos will be somewhat relieved to have all the solo/ensemble stuff done next weekend! I can only imagine how much work it is for the teachers!)
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty, I like the use of the embossing folder, the card turned out great. Thank you for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is so much that I love about your card - the die cut that you welded, the embossed lower portion (so subtle!), and the cat too! Thanks for joining the BBTB2 challenge!
    ~Laura @ craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this card is amazing! I love everything about it. The embossing, the images welded, the inside-just everything! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card , I love the colors you used !!! That embosiing is perfect !!! So happy you joined us at BBTB2 :)

    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love embossed music background and the keyboard banner is such a neat detail. Thanks for linking to our challenge at FCCB. Kim

    ReplyDelete