Sunday, April 13, 2014

Charlie and Snoopy make me happy!


Growing up in the 60's / 70's, I was a real Peanuts fan!  I loved Charles Schultz and always seemed to love everything about this group of dysfunctional kids.  It wasn't until I was an adult with my own ASD son that I realized just how important growing up with Charlie Brown and the gang would be.  

My wonderful son is a cross between Charlie and Schroeder.  Although Keith is not into music, he had a one track mind for horses.  His whole world revolved around them and their behaviors.  Most Science Fair, 4-H and FFA projects were horse related and our weekends were filled with horse activities.  Like Charlie, he tried to be social, but it was so hard for him.  He was terrible at sports and very unpopular----well, until he started hanging around horse kids.  Then it was a different story!

He had such a difficult time, we had to take him out of school and I home-schooled him for a few years.  It was a long, confusing, twisted road we travelled; but now Keith is a Junior at Purdue University studying Agriculture.  We are so proud of this kid who was told he would never read, write, graduate HS, or go to a major university.

Ok, enough bragging on my ASD kid.....back to Peanuts and this card!  I was inspired to do this card by the color challenge over at Color My Heart.  The colors are Juniper, Creme Brulee, and Sorbet.

Now, believe it or not, Charlie and Snoopy are made from CTMH Cricut shapes.  I think they were all from Art Philosophy and Artiste!

You can get an idea from the pictures how I put images together to make the characters.  I have done this before and if you would like to see others I have done, go to CTMH Cricut Cuts with a Twist and you can view them there.

The card base is Creme Brulee as well as Charlie's shirt.  The CTMH Baker's Twine is also a sort of Creme Brulee color.  The doghouse is done in Sorbet and the background is sort of a variegated Juniper color.  My neutrals are black, white, champagne, and brown.

I put Dimensional Tape under the top of the doghouse and behind Charlie to pop them off a bit.  The sentiment is from the CTMH You Are My Happy stamp set.

All of my CTMH goodies are from KatiesCorner.  She is a great consultant and puts up with all my crazy questions!  I guess she should, I put up with her questions for a lot of years -- she's my daughter!  Anyway, if you need anything visit her site or correspond with her; she'd be happy to help you, too!

8 comments:

  1. WOW! It's incredible how you created these Snoopy characters from Art Philosophy and Artiste. This card came out great with the Color My Heart Color Dare challenge colors--thanks so much for playing along with us again!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NEVER thought to weld so many shapes together to create characters. Unbelievable!! SO glad you linked up to the Color My Heart challenge because, though I frequent H2H, I confess I totally jumped over the Kermit creation because I didn't see the CTMH cartridge shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible work! I love how you showed that you can take the shapes from the CTMH cartridges and make pretty much anything you want. Thanks for taking this week's Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great Cricut card and these colors are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything you don't do? You're amazing. At first when I checked this out I saw that it was ColorMyHeart Color Dare; but not the same colors I just submitted for this week...and after going back and forth a couple times I then realized this was a 2014 challenge. I had just finished my card and thought oh no, I didn't do the right colors. Anyway very interesting before the Explore you did these? Do you just ceate these characters yourself or is there somewhere it gives instructions on different characters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sue! I show how I do this (using Kermit as an example) in my latest video tutorial. It's up on my blog now. I started doing it in Cricut Craft Room and now do it in Design Space.

      Draw……I can't draw! There's one of many things I don't do! hahahaha I also don't barrel race on horses! ; )

      Delete
    2. : ) Well, I guess I'm one up on you...I barrel race. Just kidding.

      Delete
    3. Just got in from barn and this made me laugh!!

      Delete