Thursday, May 15, 2014

Little Girls and Unicorns Are So Magical!



What could be more magical than a little girl's giggle and a unicorn (or a miniature horse who thinks he's a unicorn!)?

Little Lu was over one day all dressed in her tutu and cowboy boots to play with Charlie.  She decided he needed a new hairstyle.  So, Nana Katrina and she played beauty shop with Charlie!

He looks quiet stunning all cleaned with braids and such!  As you can see, Lu is quite pleased with the outcome!

I started with paper from the Ivy Lane and went over the entire sheet with Sky ink.  I laid out the pictures and most of the embellishments and then decided where I wanted any background stamping.  I stamped the music staves from Universal Backgrounds and some stars from the Unicorn Dreams stamp.

I then broke out the Texture Paste and decided to make some stencils from Dura-Lar Acetate Alternative.  The patterns came from CTMH Artbooking.  I applied the Texture Paste; the recipe is listed below.  The stars and the left bottom corner are the textured areas.

All of the silk flowers were left over from Katie's wedding and were white.  I colored the blue by simply pressing some Sky ink into the centers.  The pink flowers were colored with a CTMH Glimmer Mist Recipe.  I'll put that in below, also.


Papers:  Ivy Lane, Sweet Leaf, White Daisy, Blush and Hollyhock, scrap of gray

Cricut Cuts:

"Dream" ~ Winter Woodland
Unicorn - Spring Seasonal
Clouds and Crown - Paper Doll Dress Up
Stencils, Stars, and Frame- CTMH Artbooking
Frame Left Pic - CTMH Art Philosophy

Stamps:  CTMH Universal Backgrounds, CTMH Unicorn Dreams and CTMH Illuminate

CTMH Inks and Marker:  Blush, Sky, Chocolate, Twilight, Colonial White, Gypsy, Slate and the marker was Whisper Light

Stars on the clouds were inked with Stampabilities Silver Pigment ink.

CTMH Embellishments:  Opaque gems, Pink Glitter Gems, Blue/Green Epoxy Bubbles, Zipper Lace, Flamingo Dots, Marquee Enamel Shapes, Silver Glitter Tape and Ivy Lane Zip Strip

Other Embellishments:  Glitter, Silk flowers, Blue Gems and Lace

This project was so much fun!  I loved getting out the embellishments for this one.  I have to say the glitter was driving me crazy as I was trying to get the pics for the blog.  There was glitter all over the pictures on the page!  I had to keep brushing them away.  I couldn't help but think of Amie Kiger and her sparkle!  Anyway, I'll leave you with a couple of recipes!

If you are feeling "magical" visit Heart 2 Heart where the Scrapbooking theme is Magical May.  The challenge is to make your own background paper using stamps.  Hmmm...... I altered the paper with stamps and CTMH Stencils....wonder if that counts?  Now if you're feeling "dreamy," you should pop over to Curtain Call where the challenge is Pajama Party!  I was inspired by all the girly colors over there!

Texture Paste:
Combine 1/2 cup of powder, 2 Tbs white glue, and 1-2 Tbs white paint.  Add water for a thinner texture

CTMH Glimmer Mist
Combine warm water, Create a Shade Pearl Paint, and Re-inker in a spray bottle or CTMH Spray Pen.  I didn't have a spray pen, so I combined it in a spray bottle from the barn; I washed it first!  (As many of you know, I hate going into town for errands, so I try to make do with what I have around here!) Anyway, I made way more than I probably needed to make!  If you Youtube it, I'm sure you can find a recipe much more exact.  I sort of guessed til it seemed right.



9 comments:

  1. It's a little ridiculous how amazingly talented you are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So many details! It's definately a WOW page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page. Love the colors, the different elements (from the zipper to the texture plate)... great layers. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. Love the pictures and the colors...a lot of details too.
    Thanks for playing along with our scrapbook challenge at Heart 2 Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page is simply magical! Love the sweet pictures, and thanks for giving a step by step of how you created the layout. Made me appreciate it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! I have been having a blast doing some mixed-media sort of projects. I'm loving using the CTMH embellishments on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so sweet! Thanks for sharing this magical moment with us @ H2H! Your layout is precious!

    ReplyDelete