Thursday, June 19, 2014

DANCE of the Horse


I recently found an interesting challenge over at Paper Secrets.  It's a Sketch Challenge with a word theme.  The word for this challenge is DANCE.  Well, when I saw that, my mind went to Dressage.  I dug out some old pictures of Keith showing Harry in a 4-H Dressage Class and went at it!
Dressage actually started as a form of English riding used to train horses for war.  It is an old art of training.  When done correctly, it is absolutely beautiful!  The training technique is so beneficial, Western riders have now adopted it and there are classes in Western Dressage at many of the breed and open shows.  

Ok, enough history on Dressage.  I could go on and on............, but instead I'll tell you about my layout!

D = Dimensional Tape
A = Arrow
N = New England Ivy Cardstock from CTMH
C = Crowns
E = Embossed with Cricut Folder

 Materials List:

Cardstocks:
DCWV Once Upon a Time
CTMH New England Ivy

CTMH Inks:
Smokey Plum
Archival Black
New England Ivy

CTMH Cartridge:
Art Philosophy
Artbooking


CTMH Embellishments:
Base and Bling Storyteller Charms
Durable Triangle Studs
Mini Medley Gold (retired)
Mini Medley Black (retired)



CTMH Stamps:
You Are My Happy Alphabet
Universal Backgrounds (retired)
Love Life
Art Philosophy


All CTMH products from KatiesCorner.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with Paper Secrets!

    ReplyDelete