Thursday, July 17, 2014

Everybody Has a Dream!


Everybody has a dream and I suppose horses are no exception!  We have this wonderful 21 year old hunter/jumper horse.  He came to us through some unusual circumstances, but I'll save that for a later time. Anyway, when he first arrived and our vet saw him, Doc B said, "Well, he'll never win any halter classes!  He's one of the ugliest horses I've seen in the Quarter Horse world!"  I explained we didn't bring him in to do halter; although, we usually do have that criteria when selecting horses.  

Thunder is a QH/Belgian Cross.  I'm sure they were breeding for the height and muscle of a Belgian with a mix of the hip, brain, and head of the QH.  However, the outcome was a short, front-heavy horse with huge feet and a Roman Nose!  Now here's the rub in all of this.  This horse THINKS he is a giant, gorgeous warmblood!  He struts around like he's the best looking guy around and loves to jump!  I hope he never sees himself in a mirror!

When we first got him, he was fast and didn't know the word whoa or how to back!  I got straight to work in slowing this fellow down and it paid off 10-fold!  He is now the best horse in my therapeutic riding program and my grand-girl rides him whenever she is here.  She loves him.  We all know what they say about a little girl's love for a horse!  She tells him all the time he is the most beautiful horse in the barn---he believes her!

Grand-girl, high school sweetheart, and the mighty Thunder!
When I saw the cut in Country Life, I thought about Thunder and what he must dream about in the pasture.  I'm sure he sees himself as a mythical creature that could fly through the air and do magic; and you know, in a way he does!  What he contributes to my program really is magical and he makes those kids feel like they are flying.  In his heart he is a unicorn!

CTMH Cardstocks:  Daisy White, Buttercup, Champagne, Saddle, and Colonial White

CTMH Inks:  Sky, Sweet Leaf, Barn Red, Slate, and Honey

Cartridges:  Country Life and Paper Dolls Everyday

CTMH Stamp Sets:  Unicorn Dreams and Love Life

CTMH Markers:  Sweet Leaf and Olive

Miscellaneous:  Fine Glitter, Embossing Ink, Silver Embossing powder, heat tool, dryer sheet and gold gel pen

If you are not familiar with the dryer sheet technique, you can check out one of these posts:  In The Barn with Red  or Grandma's Dove.  On this card I heat embossed the unicorn on the cloud before placing the dryer sheet over it!  It hit me after I went to the trouble of heat embossing, it would look more like a dream with the dryer sheet technique.  Such is the process of creativity!

All CTMH products are from Katiescorner!

Thunder is cantering off to these challenges:

Exploring Cricut and More  --  Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this card. You don't have to know Thunders story to love it, but when you do-it makes it even more special. Give Thunder a big apple from me! Thanks for entering Exploring Cricut & More's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! This is wonderful! I so enjoyed reading about Thunder! I don't know horses but he is beautiful to me :) Thanks so much for joining in on the fun this week at Exploring Cricut and More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool Katrina! Thanks for entering at Exploring Cricut and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card!!! And I so love the story about Thunder. And I agree with grand-girl, he is beautiful!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Crafters Choice' challenge at Exploring Cricut and More!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete