Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wow! What a Sentiment!



I received my new Halloween stamp set from CTMH a few weeks ago and was itching to try it!  The Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge seemed the perfect place.  Might seem a stretch from the demure young lady doing her cross-stitch / sewing project, but............

The papers are from the CTMH Scaredy Cat collection.  They are so hauntingly cute!  hee hee

My witch is from Cricut Wrap It Up and the bats are from CTMH Artbooking Cartridge.

The sentiment is from the new CTMH Halloween stamp set called Halloween Greetings.

The Pear green CS was embossed using the a bubble folder.  Reminded me of Shakespeare, "Double, double toil and trouble;  Fire burn, and caldron bubble." You know, MacBeth.....the scene with the three witches?  Ok, I didn't remember where that quote was from; I looked it up and then sort of remembered from a literature class a long time ago!    ; )  

Anyway, back to the card....


I had a piece of tulle on the desk, so I rubbed it in black ink and let it dry.  Then I tucked in in around the rectangle under the witch.  It sort of gives her a veiled effect.

The bats are heat embossed.  I mixed silver and black embossing powders with a tiny bit of sparkle glitter.  I'd not done that before, but thought it might give it a fun look!

Lots of fun inspiration at AHSC; check it out!


If you love this paper or stamp set and one want it for your very own, visit KatiesCorner!

11 comments:

  1. Cute Halloween card! I love the image and sentiment together. Great job! Thank you for joining us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stinkin' cute is this !! I love that little witch and her sentiment. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the witch image. Thank you for joining us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that saying! This is a great card, super fun and so cute!
    Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the creative way you made that witch and it fits the sketch perfectly! Glad you played this week! -AHSC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant- I love how the tulle adds some texture. Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card was so obviously thoughtfully prepared and laid out - it is awesome! Thanks for playing along at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so super fun....love the tulle as the background for the witch. Thanks for playing along with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!!! It is a great sentiment.. thanks for joining us at the AHSC.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute ! Love the embossed bats! Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute Halloween Card! Love it! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete