Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hopes and Dreams



My little grand-girl is at the hospital today to have here eardrum repaired.  Obviously, Nana needed a card for her.  The colors at Color My Heart seemed very cheery, so I went with those!
 I used the CTMH markers in Smoothie, Olive, and Honey to make my plaid background.  I alternated thick and thin lines and the light and dark colors.  Then I used Daisy White Pigment Ink to stamp the unicorn from Unicorn Dreams.  The unicorn is heat embossed with silver powder.

I added some sparkles to the stars around her horn!  She is backed with Smoothie Fundamental CS and a piece of Honey CS.  It's all tied up with some Baker's Twine.


Here's the inside!  The top border is a piece cut from the front.  The sentiment is from Unicorn Dreams as well as the little unicorn.




I'm hoping she feels better very soon!


All CTMH is from KatiesCorner.





5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I love the sparkles around the unicorn's horn and the double twine bow. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect card to cheer up a little girl! Great idea to put those sparkles around the horn. Thanks for joining the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina, that is so cool how you did the plaid with markers. I kept asking myself, "where did she get that paper?" Very pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very creative. I love the plaid pattern with the sparkly unicorn. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative! Love your card. Thanks for playing with us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete