Friday, March 13, 2015

Live Out Loud!


The directive has officially been handed down.  I am in charge of my nephew's scrapbook(s) for his graduation.  Luckily, he's still a Jr so I have lots of time; but I don't want to rush at the last minute.  I'm going through old pics in my iPhoto and scrapping away!  There are lots of awards pics as well has music photos to scrap!  Ah, the fun has just begun...

The challenge over at Heart 2 Heart is to use your favorite sketch.  I have to say, I really enjoy sketches.  They are such great springboards for a project.  This LO happens to be a simplified take of the LO in the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book page 21.  This says it comes from pattern 15 in the Make It from Your Heart Vol 2.  I don't have that book.  I could borrow one from my daughter, but I was in too much of a hurry!  I'm a little like Varuca from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!  Patience is not my strong suit when it comes to waiting to make something!  ;)  

Anyway, I like this sketch because you can simplify it or glam it up with lots of embellishments.  Maybe I'll do the same sketch with a different twist on it.  Hmmmmm......... wheels are turning!  Actually, most of my LO's from sketches are variations.  Not because I'm that creative, but because I'm somewhat dyslexic.  My brain just can't seem to translate what is on the book/computer screen to my eyes and then to my hands!  I failed mechanical drawing in MS because the elements would be there, but never in the right places!  Oh well........back to the matter at hand....I have digressed!

I started with Pacifica CS and used my sanding block to sand over the Woodgrain Embossing Folder. Then I mixed up some Sky Re-inker, Create a Shade Pearl Paint, and a few drops of Rubbing Alcohol to thin down the mixture.  I used a paint brush to splatter the CS.  The Pearl paint gives it a metallic shine you can't see very well in the pics.  I like it since the trumpet has shine!
The filmstrip is from Artiste.  I backed the large photo with Black and Fundamental Glacier CS's.     

Thanks for coming by.  Many more LO's of my smart, talented nephew to come!  


5 comments:

  1. Such a cool background. Thanks for sharing with us at heart 2 heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had not read your blog I would not have guessed a technique was used on your background, I would have assumed that was pretty cool paper. You put a lot of work into your pages and they are always beautiful...you must have crates of pictures to scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I love that your starting early! I too am not good with being patient. Have fun and I look forward to seeing many more layouts to come! Thank you for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenge!

    Brandi R
    H2H DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background you have created, and the bright blue really makes the photos pop! Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges.

    ReplyDelete