Saturday, April 18, 2015

"simply Purrfect"


I'm so excited to back at the craft desk!  I've been so busy working horses getting ready for spring I haven't had much time to craft.  But I'm back and happy to show you a piece I've been making for my sister to give as a gift.  This layout is for her friend; my plan is to frame it in a 12 x 12 shadow box frame.  

I started with Bo Bunny Gabrielle Fairest paper.  I added scraps from CTMH Seaside and DCWV Rustics Stack.  The design in the paper was a bit prominent for my title to show well, so I used some gesso to push it back a bit and then rubbed over that with some Champagne pigment ink to tone down the white.

I cut a stencil using the paw cut from Four Legged Friends.  I then used homemade texture paste mixed with Chocolate and Sunflower inks to make the paw prints across the page.  

The vine was cut from the Cricut Holiday Cakes Cartridge.  Purrfect is from Create a Critter and 'simply' is from Graphically Speaking.  

Those little flowers are from Prima, but I inked them with a little Hollyhock and Sunset ink to match my papers.  I also removed the wooden centers to replace them with green epoxy bubbles.  The embellishment on the left hand corner over the twine was from my stash.  It was bright gold so off to get the gesso again!  I mixed gesso with Twilight colored ink from CTMH.  I painted that on and then rubbed it with a little Chocolate ink.  The mocha gem was added after all the painting.  I used the same painting procedure on the CTMH frame around the "memories" from the Seaside zip strip. 

The wood piece above the title is from Bo Bunny (colored with Bo Bunny Bronze Shimmer Spray). The beautiful green ribbon is from Linnie Blooms and the hemp/twine is Darice.   The wide ribbon up the left side is Offray.  

The piece of cardstock directly behind the photo is a piece of CTMH Fundamentals.  This cardstock has a resist pattern on it.  I rubbed Twilight ink over it and the lighter blue shows the pattern.  How fun is that!

The stamps are CTMH You're the Bomb and Choose Happy.

I had a great time mixing different papers, products and techniques for this LO!

My inspiration was obviously my sister asking me to make this, but 123 Get Scrappy inspired some of my elements!  They have a tic tac toe board.  I chose the top row across.  
Thanks for coming by to visit today; feel free to browse my other posts if you like.  Questions or comments?  I'd love to hear from you; simply leave your thoughts below!                                                                                                                                                  



5 comments:

  1. This is really lovely!! Lovely embellishments and I love the string behind the blue flower. Your sister's friend will be thrilled to get this! Thanks for joining our challenge at 123 get Sketchy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...Great take on the challenge"Thanks for joining our challenge at 123 Get Scrappy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout and it will be a awesome gift thanks for playing at 123 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning layout!!! Thanks for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Stopping by to say "hello" and Congratulations on the DT at Cut It Up! =)
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete