Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Picture This!


It's time for  another challenge over at TTCRD where the theme is always Anything Goes!  This week's sponsor is Dr. Digi's House of Stamps and this fun image is Birthday Cheese!  I really like this image since I love photography and it works for anyone's birthday.  I will be holding on to this card for a birthday later in the year!

I started with a white card base and layered with a piece of Peacock Fundamental paper.  Next, I colored my image with colored pencils and gel pens.  I added a background with Canary ink and created a Bokeh sort of effect with white pigment ink using a circle stencil and the backside of a flower stamp which created a smaller circle.  I thought the Bokeh effect might give the illusion of the flash of the camera!  

I cut my Polaroid type frame with a Cricut after welding on the FUN in Design Space.  Using a razor blade, (might be safer to use a craft knife......I should probably invest in one of those!) I cut around the corners of the 'picture' in my image.  That way the corners could come out over the frame giving it some dimension!   

Material List:
CTMH Cardstocks:  Fundamentals Peacock, Daisy White, Black
CTMH Watercolor Pencils
CTMH Inks:  Canary, Daisy White
Gel Pens 
Cartridges:  CTMH Artistry and Artbooking

Head on over to Through the Craft Room Door for more inspiration and show us what you are currently creating!  There are great prizes from our wonderful sponsor, Dr. Digi's House of Stamps!


My camera is off to the following challenges:
Outlawz Monday Greetings:  Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create:  Anything Goes

Thanks for coming by today!  I'm always happy to hear from you, so feel free to leave a message or ask a question!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck in the draw!
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun birthday card Katrina! I really like how you have part of the Birthday Cheese image stick outside the frame. Very neat! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Outlawz Monday Greetings this week Katrina. Wishing you a lovely weekend ahead.

    Hugs, Christina
    DT - Outlawz Monday Greetings
    blog - memoriescrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete