Monday, May 15, 2017

Present...Not Perfect Midway



This month over at Path of Positivity we are pondering the idea of Present, Not Perfect.  As I said at the beginning of the month, I have been pondering this idea for a while and have had a difficult time putting this into practice!  I am a prime example of waiting for the "right" time.  

I will say, I have been working on this and although the timing was not perfect we planned a horse-camping weekend.  I had committed to it, but then we had rain/flooding and every place was closed!  Ok, I can't take responsibility for backing out this time.  I was bound to make something happen; so, my riding buddy came over and we rode around my lot and cooked burgers on the grill.  

My horse was NOT perfect, but it didn't matter!  We still had a great time and got some work done in the arena with another horse/rider present.  We are one step closer to a better trail experience in the future.


I adore this image from Pickled Potpourri!  I sometimes feel like this little girl looking out the window waiting and wishing for the perfect time.  
*   *   *

About my Card
I started by sizing all the pieces (widow/shutters, girl front, girl back) and sizing the card front and base in Cricut Design Space.  I used the weld feature for the girl front and shutters so they would be one piece.  I used print and cut for the pieces and imported digital paper for the wallpaper.  I flattened text on the pieces as well.  

I colored this little dreamer with Copic markers and adhered the pieces.  

Material List:  
Copic Markers 
Digital Paper:  Polkadoodles 
Pear Cardstock:  CTMH
Quote by me!

We are sponsored this month by Imagine That! Digi Stamp and Pickled Potpourri 

Thanks for stopping by; PoP on over to the challenge and see what the rest of the team is doing and share with us your thoughts, art, and inspirations!  Our themes are optional now, so we'd love to see anything positive you've been working on even if it doesn't exactly fit the theme.



1 comment: