Monday, March 19, 2018

Beautiful Yellow



As we venture further into yellow on our journey at Path of Positivity, I am looking at how yellow can be a very positive color boosting our morale and making us feel more positive about our life situations.  As we all know, yellow is the warmth of the sun, the color of many beautiful flowers, and symbolizes energy & joy!  

*   *   *   
This is the 3rd in my Color tag series.  (You can view tags 1 and 2 below.)  I have used the beautiful image Pierrette from Imagine That Digistamp.  I started with my cereal box tag cut and covered it with a black and white floral paper.  I covered that with yellow tissue paper.  Layered over that is paper from Decosse Dynamite Doodles Taste of Summer.  This lovely yellow sunburst is where I printed the sentiment from Pierrette.  

Once that was off the printer and cut, I did some stenciling with a harlequin/diamond stencil using texture paste.  I cut the stencil on my Cricut, so I had some of the stencil in black left over.  I tucked it in between the 2nd and 3rd layer on the right.  

The top layer was printed on a printer and cut on the Cricut.  I also cut a mask for Pierrette.  This way I could stamp over and around without disturbing the focal image.  I colored her with Copics and added some sequins.  I cut a black bracket to match the left side of the main image.  It was heat embossed with black powder.   



Be sure to come on over to Path of Positivity and see what the team thinks about Yellow!  You can also find more information about entering the challenge!  Thanks to our wonderful sponsors this month:  Limited Runs and Imagine That DigiStamp.


My tag is off to the following challenges: 
  
Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts, check out my Pinterest,  or view some videos at my YouTube Channel.

Prior Tags from the series


January Blue
February Red
  

4 comments:

  1. This is simply gorgeous! Love the cute image and beautiful coloring! Plus the uplifting yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, love it.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katrina, I fell in love with this adorable tag the second I saw it up on the PoP blog!! LOVE the bright yellow... LOVE the ropes and embellies.... LOVE the fancy border strips! Thanks for choosing to create with my "Pierrette" digi set last month!

    ♥Kris, Owner/illustrator at www.ImagineThatDigistamp.com

    ReplyDelete